We are committed to providing quality services to meet your health needs. To promote a comfortable and efficient experience for everyone, kindly adhere to the clinic policies.
Becoming your Family Doctor
Maintaining the continuity of care with your doctor will facilitate that your medical condition(s) are managed safely and effectively. In order for your doctor to provide patient-centered care, we encourage you to consistently seek out your family doctor for your primary health care needs. If your family doctor is away, one of our doctors on the team will be happy to see you for urgent issues.
- All forms of electronic communications with the clinic require signing the Electronic Communication Consent and Waiver form. Click HERE to download.
- Please call to make an appointment instead of walking in as we cannot guarantee that you will be seen in a timely manner due to our pre-booked schedules.
Requests made over the phone
- Please make an appointment if you have any health concerns or questions. Due to our pre-booked schedules, we are unable to provide immediate assistance over the phone.
- We require notice of at least one business day for all cancellations. Without a 24-hour notice, we will charge a no-show fee, with the exception of emergencies.
- To be respectful of patients’ time, you may be asked to reschedule your appointment if you are late.
- Doctors are not obligated to fill all forms and they may need up to 4 weeks to complete them. Fees will be charged as per the Ontario Medical Association rate for uninsured services.
- Please book an appointment before you are completely out of your medication. Bring all medications to your prescription refill appointment to make sure your list is accurate.
- We need 72-hrs notice for prescription requests. Faxing a prescription to the pharmacy without a visit is not an insured service by OHIP, and therefore a $20 charge will apply.
- A valid health card must be presented at every visit. If you do not have a valid health card, you will be billed for your appointment at the Ontario Medical Association rate for uninsured services.
Behaviour & Conduct
- Our staff work hard to assist you, and it is imperative that they are treated with respect. Rude, disruptive or aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated & may result in removal from the facility.
- Children must be supervised at all times by a parent or guardian.
- No food or drink is allowed in the exam rooms for infection control purposes.
- Please refrain from using your cell phone in the exam room so adequate attention is provided.
- After injection(s), patients must wait 20-mins in the clinic to monitor for any potential reaction.
- Pets are not allowed in the clinic, with the exception of guide dogs for the visually impaired.
- Pictures or videos are not allowed on the premises of the clinic to protect patient privacy. With your consent, your doctor may take a picture of exam findings (eg. rash) for documentation using our electronic medical record app which will maintain your privacy.
- The clinic is a scent-free environment to protect those who may be allergic.
- Please ensure that your information is up-to-date, so that you can be reached if needed.
- Please allot up to an hour for your appointments. We value your time, and our goal is to ensure that you do not have extended waits. Please note that our policy is to accommodate patients who become seriously ill and these patients may need more time which may delay our pre-scheduled patients. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
- Appointments for regular visits are scheduled for 15 minutes, while periodic health exams and counselling appointments require a longer visit.
Confidentiality & Privacy
- Personal information and everything you discuss with your doctor can only be released with your written consent, except as required by law and public health regulations.
Opioids, Sedatives and other controlled substances
- If you are a patient who is attached to one of our family doctors and require opioids, you will be required to adhere to the Opioid Treatment Agreement.
- We do not provide narcotic prescriptions to patients who are not attached to our doctors.
- As per the Ontario consensus guidelines on opioid prescribing, we do not prescribe, renew or replace lost pills of narcotics for chronic conditions.
- We do not prescribe medical marijuana.
Referrals & Investigations
- All new test results are reviewed daily. You will be notified of any ABNORMAL results. We do not routinely call patients with normal results. If you are concerned or have any questions, please book an appointment. Our admin are not able to answer any medical questions.
Uninsured services are services that are not covered by the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP). It is the patient’s responsibility to pay for uninsured services. The fees are based on the Ontario Medical Association’s January 2021 Edition Physician’s Guide to Third Party and Other Uninsured Services.
|Completion of documentation/forms for physicals for schools, camps, pre-school, daycare, university/educational institutions||$30.00|
Completion of documentation/forms for physicals for preemployment certification of fitness/fitness clubs or hospital/nursing home employee
Back to work note, sick note or daycare note (free of communicable disease)
|Drivers Medical Exam + Form||$240.00|
|TB Test requested for admission or continuation in a day care, pre-school, school, college, university||
TB Test Insured by OHIP.
$25.00 for form completion
|TB Mantoux One Step Test (solely for employment purposes)||
$50.00 + fee for form
|TB Mantoux Two Step Test (solely for employment purposes)||
$100.00 + fee for form
|Insurance Certificate OCF-18 Treatment Plan||$160.00|
|Insurance Certificate OCF-23 Treatment Confirmation||$160.00|
|Insurance Certificate OCF- 3 Disability Certificate||$160.00|
|Certificate of Health Practitioner form#OCF-8||$40.00|
|Insurance Certificate OCF-19 Determination of Catastrophic Impairment||$126.00|
|Travel Cancellation Insurance Form||$50.00|
|Life Insurance Death Certificate||$51.00|
|Medical Certificate for EI Compassionate Care Benefits||$59.00|
|Attending Physician’s Statement||$160.00|
|Insurance Medical Examination (assessment + report)||$249.00|
|Canada Pension Plan (CPP) Disability Medical Report Form||$85.00|
|Canada Pension Plan (CPP) Narrative Medical Report||$150.00|
|CRA Disability Tax Credit Certificate (form T2201)||$80.00|
|Revenue Canada, Federal Disability Tax Credit||$45.00|
|Children’s Aid Society (CAS) Application for Prospective Foster Parent||$62.00|
|Children’s Aid Society Form (on behalf of a child)/Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (e.g. Limited Use, Assistive Devices etc.)||No charge|
|Medical Certificate Employment Insurance Sickness Benefits INS5140||$42.00|
|Application for Accessible Parking Permit/Transit Forms for Disabled||No charge|
|PR Card Form/Request for Birth Certificate Form/Canadian Passport Application||No charge|
|Copying of medical document||$2 per page|
|Charges for Reproduction/Transmission of Medical Records||
$30 (first 20 pages) + $0.25 per page thereafter
|Skin tag treatment, wart treatment, seborrheic keratoses||$30.00 ($10 for each additional lesion)|
|Excision & Suture of Moles, Cysts, Lipomas||$80.00 ($50 for each additional lesion)|
|Missed regular appointment without 24-hour notice||$60.00|
|Missed periodic health exam without 24-hour notice||$120.00|
|No valid health card – Regular visit||$89.20|
|No valid health card – Periodic health exam||$130.68|
|Pre-departure travel advice||$80.00|
|Administration of vaccines not covered by Public Health||$20.00|
|Prescription Renewal by Fax/Phone to Pharmacy without a visit||$20.00|
|Insurance letter for massage, physiotherapy, orthotics, brace, TENS, acupuncture, compression stockings, chiropractor||$30.00|
|Pap test (when done earlier than OHIP-covered frequency)||$60.00|
|Ear syringing (if OHIP criteria not met)||$30.00|