We are committed to providing quality services to meet your health needs. To promote a comfortable and efficient experience for everyone, kindly adhere to the clinic policies.
Becoming your Family Doctor
Maintaining the continuity of care with your doctor will facilitate that your medical condition(s) are managed safely and effectively. In order for your doctor to provide patient-centered care, we encourage you to consistently seek out your family doctor for your primary health care needs. If your family doctor is away, one of our doctors on the team will be happy to see you for urgent issues.
- We require notice of at least one business day for all cancellations or re-scheduled appointments.
- Without a 24-hour notice, we will charge a no-show fee of $50 for regular visits, $100 for missed periodic health exam and missed counselling appointment, with the exception of emergencies.
- In order to avoid long waiting times, patients arriving more than 10 mins late may be required to re-schedule. If you anticipate that you will be significantly late, please call our clinic to reschedule.
- Please book an appointment before you are completely out of your medication. Bring all medications to your prescription refill appointment to make sure your list is accurate.
- We need 72-hrs notice for prescription renewal requests made over the phone. Faxing a prescription to the pharmacy is not an insured service by OHIP, and therefore a $20 charge will apply.
Requests Made Over The Phone
- Our admin will take a message for requests made over the phone for the doctor. We will do our best to provide a reply within 48-hrs. Due to our pre-booked schedules, we are unable to provide immediate assistance over the phone. If it is urgent, please come to our urgent care clinic.
- Please call to make an appointment instead of walking in as we cannot guarantee that you will be seen in a timely manner due to our pre-booked schedules.
- The last appointment that will be accepted is 30 minutes prior to closing time. We reserve the right to close registration prior to the posted closing times in the case of high volumes.
- Please let our admin know the reason for your visit so we can prepare for your appointment.
- Appointments for regular visits are scheduled for 15 minutes, while periodic health exams and counselling appointments require a longer visit.
- Out of consideration for other patients, your doctor can only provide care for one (1) concern per visit in order to provide thorough quality care.
- We value your time and patience, and our goal is to ensure that you do not have extended waits. Please note however that our policy is to accommodate patients who suddenly become ill. These patients may need more time which may delay our pre-scheduled patients. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
- A valid health card must be presented at every visit. If you do not have a valid health card, you will be billed for your appointment at the OMA rate for uninsured services.
- Doctors are not obligated to fill all forms and based on a case-by-case basis, they may need a few weeks to complete them. Fees will be charged for form completions as per the Ontario Medical Association rate for uninsured services.
Confidentiality & Privacy
- Personal information and everything you discuss with your doctor can only be released with your written consent, except as required by law and public health regulations.
- Due to privacy concerns, we are unable to offer medical advice over the phone, fax or email. Please make an appointment if you have any health concerns.
- We provide the option of receiving appointment reminders via e-mail through our electronic medical record. If you wish to have this service, your express consent is required, with the understanding that Centro Healthcare cannot guarantee the security and confidentiality of e-mail communication.
- Please ensure that your information is up-to-date, so that you can be reached if needed.
Behaviour & Conduct
- Children must be supervised at all times by a parent or guardian.
- No food or drink is allowed in the exam rooms for infection control purposes.
- Please refrain from using your cell phone in the exam room so adequate attention is provided.
- After injection(s), patients must wait 20-mins in the clinic to monitor for any potential reaction.
- Pets are not allowed in the clinic, with the exception of guide dogs for the visually impaired.
- Pictures or videos are not allowed on the premises of the clinic to protect patient privacy and confidentiality. With your consent, your physician may take a picture of exam findings (eg. rash) for documentation purposes using our electronic medical record app which will maintain your privacy.
- The clinic is a scent-free environment to protect those who may be allergic to these chemicals.
- Clinic staff work hard to assist you, and it is imperative that they are treated with courtesy and respect. Disruptive, rude, or aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in removal from the facility.
Opioids, Sedatives & Other Controlled Substances
- If you are a patient who is attached to one of our family doctors and require opioids, you will be required to adhere to the Opioid Treatment Agreement.
- Our doctors do not provide narcotic prescriptions to walk-in patients who are not attached to one of our family doctors.
- As per the Ontario consensus guidelines on opioid prescribing, we do not prescribe, renew or replace lost pills of narcotics for chronic conditions.
- We do not prescribe medical marijuana.
Referrals & Investigations
- All new test results are reviewed daily. You will be notified of any ABNORMAL results. We do not routinely call patients with normal test results. If you are concerned, please book an appointment.
Uninsured services are those services provided to patients that are not covered by the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP). It is the patient’s responsibility to pay for uninsured services. When fees are charged for uninsured services, they are based on the Ontario Medical
|Completion of Forms for Physicals for:|
|Hospital/Nursing Home Employees||$35.00|
|Medical report- Canadian immigrants||$100|
|Completion of Licensing Forms/Certificate:|
|Drivers Medical Exam + Form||$100|
|Completion of Work Related Forms/Notes:|
|Back to Work Notes||$20.00|
|Day Care Note (free of communicable disease)||$20.00|
|Federal Employee; Blue Form||$25.00|
|Admission to Day Care||$25.00|
|Admission to Pre-School||$25.00|
|Admission to Community College/University/Institution||$25.00|
|TB Mantoux One Step Test||$40.00|
|TB Mantoux Two Step Test||$60.00|
|Treatment Plan form #OCF-18||$135.00|
|Disability Certificate form #OCF-3||$135.00|
|Certificate of Health Practitioner form#OCF-8||$40.00|
|Travel Cancellation Insurance Form||$35.00|
|Life Insurance Death Certificate||$45.00|
|Medical Certificate for Employment Insurance Compassionate Care Benefits||$50.00|
|Children Aid Society Form for Prospective Parent||$50.00|
|Attending Physician’s Statement||$140|
|CPP Medical Report Form||$85.00|
|Revenue Canada, Federal Disability Tax Credit||$40.00|
|EI/ UIC Disability/Maternity Certificate Ins2019||$25.00|
|Jury duty letter||$25.00|
|Ontario Accessible Parking Permit (For Disability)||$25.00|
|Copying of medical document||$2 per page|
|Copying of medical chart||$30 for the first 20 pages and $0.25 per page thereafter|
|Skin tag treatment||$30.00 ($10 for each additional skin tag)|
|Wart treatment||$30.00 ($10 for each additional lesion)|
|Seborrheic Keratosis||$30.00 ($10 for each additional wart)|
|Excision & Suture of Moles, Cysts, Lipomas||$80.00 ($50 for each additional lesion)|
|Pre-departure travel consult|
|Pre-departure travel advice||$80|
|Travel vaccine administration||$20|
|Missed appointments without 24 hour notice|
|Missed regular appointment||$50|
|Missed periodic health exam appointment||$100|
|Missed counseling appointment||$100|
|No Valid Health Card|
|Periodic health exam||$100|
|Other Services not covered by OHIP|
|Prescription Renewal by Fax/Phone to Pharmacy||$20.00|
|3rd Party Medical Exam||$150.00|
|Referral note to massage therapy, physiotherapy, orthotics, acupuncture, compression stockings||$15.00 each|
Third Party Insured Services and Uninsured Medical Services
Uninsured services are those services provided to patients that are not covered by the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP). It is the patient’s responsibility to pay for uninsured services. When fees are charged for uninsured services, they are based on the Ontario Medical Association’s suggested fees as found in the most current edition of the OMA Physician’s Guide to Third Party and Other Uninsured Services. For more details please see the Ministry’s website or contact your nearest Ministry office.