To Contact the Pharmacy
If you have questions about your prescription or have general inquiries about our Pharmacy services please call 905-605-4755
For Emergencies: Call 911
How to prepare for your doctors appointment
What is the main purpose of my appointment?
- Please let our staff know what your concern is when you book, so they can prepare for your appointment.
- Stay organized and prioritize your concerns. In order for us to help you best within the time constraints of your appointment, please call us whenever you have a concern and have no more than one issue to discuss at each appointment.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Bring a VALID health card to avoid unnecessary out of pocket fees.
- Bring all your medications to avoid running out of medicine or needing us to phone or fax a prescription to your pharmacy on your behalf (which will result in a charge).
- Bring a list of your past health history and health care providers.
- Complete any tests ordered by your doctor in a timely manner. If you are expecting to have a test or appointment booked by our office and have not heard from us within 2 weeks, please call us to follow up.
- Please arrive 10 minutes earlier than your scheduled visit in order to complete any paperwork.
- Patients arriving more than 10 mins late may be required to re-schedule to another date in order for us to avoid long waiting times.
- We require notice of at least one business day for all cancellations or re-scheduled appointments, or a fee will apply.
Is it a Medical Emergency?
Call 9-1-1 or go immediately to your emergency department if you have:
- Trouble breathing
- Severe abdominal or chest pain/pressure
- Weakness or tingling on one side of your body or vision changes
- Loss of consciousness
- Heavy bleeding
- Been in a major accident